1894-2023 129 YEARS OF HISTORY
This year the club celebrates it's anniversary. it was formed in 1894 as the Epping Literary & Mechanics Institute, and was based in a building in the William Cottis & Sons Iron Foundry in what is now Bakers Lane. The current building was opened in1908, and in1967 the name was changed to The Hemnall Social Club. To commemorate the anniversary, an exhibition of letters and documents relating to the club's history can be seen in the display cabinet opposite the staircase.